Wednesday, August 26, 2026

The BreyerFest Files: The 2026 Experience

 ๐Ÿ“‚ The BreyerFest Files๐Ÿ“‚

The infamous Clarion carpet - IYKYK
The BreyerFest posting is coming to an end for this year. 
We love a reference to The Good Place in the morning
There's still a lot I've yet to talk about, and photos that didn't have a place. 
But nothing left is substantial enough for an individual post, so let's put it all in one! 
In addition to showing my own models at NAN this year, I also proxied five OF models for my friend Tif. She lives out on the West Coast, and at first she was just looking for someone to ship her models to who could bring them to Kentucky rather than shipping them to her hotel or taking them on the plane. This is something I've done for friends before, so I offered. Eventually, she realized she'd only be in Kentucky for BreyerFest itself, and would I mind showing the models for her? And of course I said yes. Three of the five I showed got top tens, and I was so happy to message her that her babies were doing well! 

A nice reminder for BreyerFest week, courtesy of a roomie's fortune cookie
We had a full Airbnb this year  - we squeezed nine humans into the house this year! The house was very spacious, had TWO laundry rooms, and the location was perfect. I think we all agreed we'd like to rent the same house next year if possible. 
My favorite housemate!
I had to specify nine *humans* because we had a tenth housemate - my friend's service dog, Clifford! He's the best boy. 
Rooming with friends means you get absurd pictures - like holding ALL of your NAN rosettes at once in a closet. 
Floor time at the Open Show is mandatory
One tradition I'm glad we've carried over to this year is floor time at the Open Show. Luckily this time, it wasn't because we were all overwhelmed, but we were waiting for the final callbacks to wrap up! I'm lucky to have such a fabulous group of plastic pony friends! 

The best grilled cheese sandwich you will ever have in your life
One of my favorite places to eat in Lexington is Ethereal Brewing Public House. I first went there for lunch with friends in 2024 (after seeing the Cocaine Bear), and I sincerely have not stopped thinking about the grilled cheese and tomato bisque since. I didn't get to go last year, but I did badger my roommates into making time to go this year! Thank goodness for the Open Show ending at a reasonable time! 

Just a girl and her glossy Oseberg
Sometimes, when you get the Special Run variation you want direct from Breyer (and that you would have refused to pay market value for) you end up with a Renaissance painting of you hugging it taken by your friend.  
Crank and Boom ice cream is not to be missed!
One of my other favorite places to eat in Lexington - if you haven't made it to Crank and Boom yet, put it on your list! It's the most amazing handcrafted ice cream places, and they source their ingredients locally! 
I got in a brief moment of Park Time between Old Friends and my Sunday volunteer shift. I browsed the Collector Club tent, did a quick Store run because there was no line, and bought some extra Sunday raffle tickets. Of course, I ended up stuck in the Covered Arena during the thunderstorm, but it was fun to see the impromptu dance party in the ring!
Just a girl who got to volunteer for the first time
After the storm, I had my last volunteer shift. It was the closing shift, so I got to pick up my volunteer model directly after! I had every intention of leaving for home directly from the park, but since we had the Airbnb through Monday I opted for carpooling to the park, then packing the car and leaving after one last group dinner at the Airbnb. This ended up being a blessing in disguise, as my car battery decided to die right when I was about to leave! I did not plan for buying a brand new car battery in Lexington, but it was better it happened when I had people around versus on the road. 
BreyerFest bucket list item checked off
I originally meant to have more of the Old Friends photos in this post but I ended up wanting to share too many photos, so it got broken up into its own post. I did leave this one here though. I really was so happy to finally go! 
Recovery days be like
No BreyerFest experience is complete without the recovery day. I always take the Monday after BreyerFest off - this year I spent that Monday in bed with a box of Cheez-Its (I also definitely took multiple naps!) It's a long week, but one I wouldn't trade for the world. Can't wait to do it again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BreyerFest Files: The 2026 Experience

  ๐Ÿ“‚ The BreyerFest Files๐Ÿ“‚ The infamous Clarion carpet - IYKYK The BreyerFest posting is coming to an end for this year.  We lo...