Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Show Report: BreyerFest Open Show 2026

🔵 BreyerFest Open Show 2026🟡

Welcome to the second show report from HorseFest, covering two days of the BreyerFest Open Show! Yes, I did five days of showing in a row. Yes, it was a lot. Yes, I might second guess myself before doing this again! 
I did put a little bit of strategizing in regards to my week when I was figuring out my show strings. I ultimately decided to take the least amount of horses on Thursday, which was Mini day. Yes, I know that's weird for me! But in my mind, I was doing a Collector's Class (which will have its own post next week!), and several of my best minis were showing NAN and I didn't want a ton of overlap for the strings (no one likes midweek repacking!), so it made the most sense to bring more trads. Plus, this way if I felt tired after three days of NAN, I wouldn't feel bad bailing if I only brought a small amount of horses. 

In total, I showed 28 minis - two in the new collectability division, and 26 in the regular run division. Probably half of what I brought for the regular run division had either only photo shown for me or never live shown at all! I came home on Thursday with eight placings and two NAN cards, which felt respectable, and a sore throat from cheering so loud for my friends who won sectional championships. 

It was also nice how smoothly Thursday ran - I think we were done by 3 at the latest? It was really nice to have a short and relaxing show day!  
My Mini Collectability Entries aka the "Named by Beth" pair
Friday was traditional and classic day, and my string was all over the place - some regular runs, some in both special run divisions, and some foals. I ended up with 13 placings and one NAN card. I was very close to getting the ribbon rainbow this year! I only missed out on the first. For a while on Friday the ninth was eluding me - I kept getting tenths! I swear I was more frustrated over not getting a ninth than not getting a first. I finally got my ninth in the RR Standardbred class, and it was the most exciting part of the day. 

I always go into the Open Show with no expectations - it's a huge show, with hundreds of entrants, and judges that you often don't know and haven't shown under. There are always some hiccups throughout the day. It's best to keep a good mindset - I'm there for the air conditioning and to hang out with my friends. The ribbons and NAN cards my horses bring home are a bonus. 

The NAN Qualifiers:
Stella - Mini RR Warmblood Breeds Solid
Depressed Damsel - Mini RR Foals Spanish Breeds and All Mustangs
Chocolate Drizzle - Special Run (non BreyerFest) Arabian Stallions & Geldings
Gay Prancer, second in the Mascots Fun Class! 

2 comments:

  1. The thrus show ran well bc of the great RR mini steward lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your statement about going to the open show at Breyerfest with no expectations and just to have a good time with friends is spot on. That show is so unpredictable and you just have to show what you love and hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete

It's Friday, I'm a Judge! Traditional Collectability #7

Welcome back to another Friday judging clinic! Let's talk traditional collectability today.  As always, my personal judging history and ...